My biggest fascination lies with insects, so that’s what this page is about. I know this will be enough for some people and they’re now moving the cursor ‘to close this page’ since bugs are “creepy” and “disgusting”, but I can assure you that’s not quite true! Just take a few minutes and look at some of the amazing variety of colours and patterns and shapes displayed by these little critters and you may find yourself thinking:
“Oh, that bug there is actually quite pretty, I wonder what it is…”
- Or maybe you’ll just find them interesting for what they are in the big picture. Because without insects all other life on earth would not be possible. Just consider that Insects are often the main food source on which other larger animals depend upon,
- or that Insects process decaying matter turning soils fertile,
- or that Insects dispose of “waste” like carrion and dung which would otherwise cover the earth,
- or that Insects are the main pollinators and therefore are indispensable for plants to exist.
- Or, on a more personal level, consider the bees that provide the honey on your breakfast toast or the little Ladybug that helps keeping that Aphid infestation on your roses at bay.
This list could go on and on but I think you get the idea.
To me, these “Creepy Crawlies” in all their different colours and sizes and shapes are just an amazing celebration of life itself in all its splendour and beauty. I hope you enjoy it and I’m looking forward to reading your comments and suggestions.